Saturday, May 17, 2014

Day 21

I have survived three weeks!


That means I only have 9 days left.  Woa.  Honestly did not think that I would make it on my first try.  If you're still debating on whether or not, STOP AND JUST DO IT.  You do *not* have to live a paleo lifestyle afterward (though of course I'd recommend that you do) but after the 30 days you can start to slowly reintroduce foods back into your diet to see how they affect you.  You'll gain a new understanding and appreciation for your body.

So on to my weekend!  Friday was my grandmother's funeral.  It went great!  I had a wonderful time seeing my friends and family and am at peace with everything.

Except the food.

Oh.  My.  Gosh.  The food.  There was SO MUCH offered by the generosity of family and friends.  Potato salad, chicken spaghetti, macaroni salad, etc.  You get the idea.  And that was before I even got to the dessert table! (Which was equally mouth-watering)


So what did I do?  I loaded up on salad, green beans, and piles of brisket (which was melt-in-your-mouth amazing).  No one even brought a fruit salad so for dessert I climbed a jungle gym with my baby cousin and his family and my friends.  And you know what?  It didn't even bother me.  I had SO much fun just talking with everyone and playing.  I even managed to get down some black coffee, thanks to a tip from a new friend (a few grains of salt, who knew!).

Today: grocery shoppiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!


I won't list everything (because I'm lazy) but this came pretty cheap!  There was a lot on sale and meal planning saves lives.  This week:


  • pot roast with sweet potato fritters and green beans 
  • Shepard's pie with Brussels sprouts and asparagus 
  • braised Moroccan chicken with broccoli

I grabbed more Medjool dates this week as well.  "Nature's Delight" is a SERIOUS understatement.  


They are like little wads of candy.  You just pull them open, take out the pit, and NOM.  I dip mine in almond butter or coconut butter (which is also like crack).

Welp, that's it for today.  Twenty one days down, 9 left to go!  I may or may not be itching to bake some paleo cookies.  We'll see.


2 comments:

  1. I just pinned a recipe for paleo coffee creamer using those dates. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! If the recipe didn't state to strain it once you have it all blended together, I'd still suggest it. Dates are wonderful but little pieces of them in your coffee are not, haha.

      Delete