Sunday, May 11, 2014

Whole 30 - Day 15!

Yassssssss I am HALFWAY DONE


This thing is flying by, and I'm feeling great.  The biggest improvements I've seen so far have been in my stomach and in my brain!

As far as my stomach goes, I haven't had a single flare up.  Nope, not one.  And coming from someone who used to have stomach aches every single day, this is really saying a lot.  No more guessing, "What did I EAT??" "Why do I hurt so much?" "How quickly can I get to a gun to put myself out of my misery....?"

Secondly, my brain.  I have SUCH issues with food sometimes.  I binge snack a lot (just diggin' into food without any kind of control, haha).  And mostly on specific foods, like nut butters, chocolate, and carb-y foods.  Well, the latter two were eliminated from my diet completely during my Whole 30, so that solved those.  But I still had some trigger foods!



I finally broke down and bought some almond butter to put on my celery.  Terrified that I'd eat the entire jar in one sitting, I told myself I'd only eat it with celery.  Okay, okay.  But then while eating it with celery, I'd always go for an extra spoonful.  Or two.  But finally, I learned to just put the jar back.  For those of you who don't have nut butter addictions, you'll never understand.  But for the rest of you: CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?  Choices like that have become easier and easier.  I basically ask myself, "Am I hungry enough for a boiled egg?" (of which I'm not very fond) and if the answer is no, then I don't get to mindlessly munch on fruit or almond butter either.  It's a great system!

So I went to a get-together last night and had to explain to a few people about my "diet" (hate that word).  Everyone's response?

"What do you eat???!!!"

hahaha, meat and veggies, man.  So much meat.  As I'm sure you've all seen.


But the overall response from people was positive.  They applauded me for my efforts and were supportive.  Which was a nice change of pace!

So what have I been eating?  I'm not going to document every single thing from the past two weeks, but I'll give you a day in the life.

Breakfast:
(eggs, spinach, ham, avocado, salsa)

Lunch: 

(chicken sausage with spinach, olives, cucumber, and watermelon.  and yoga pants)

Dinner: 

(Tex mex casserole [beef, sweet potato, cauliflower, lettuce tomatoes and avocado] and sweet potato-zucchini fritters! New fav)

I also enjoy bulletproof coffee every morning now (coffee with coconut oil and ghee).  It helps get my fat intake up and stay full and productive all day.  I love it. 

And that about wraps it up!  I'm halfway through and feeling great.  Saying no to treats and things that I know make me sick is becoming much, much easier.  The cravings haven't magically disappeared, but saying no to them has become exponentially easier.  And I can easily live with that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment