Sunday, April 27, 2014

Whole 30 starts today!

Woohoooooo!  Anyone else excited?!


.....No one?  Ah, well, whatever.  I am a little sad that I couldn't find a single soul to go on this adventure with me (I'm looking at you, Kevin) but that's alright!  Hopefully my success will inspire someone :)

What is the Whole 30, you might ask? (Though I doubt it) Well, it's basically paleo (no grains, no dairy, no soy, no refined sugar) but more strict.  Yes, paleo can get more strict.  Basically, no "paleo-fying" foods, no added sweeteners (even if they're natural) and some other stuff.  Why?  Because it's about getting back to your roots and loving whole, unprocessed, natural food.  After eating sugar and processed junk for so long, your body doesn't know how to appreciate real food anymore.  So, ta da!  Whole 30 :)


Well I decided to take my measurements today (and luckily I had some from before I went paleo) to compare to when it's all over.  My goals aren't necessarily weight loss (but I'd be alright with that), my goals mostly revolve around gaining a healthy relationship with food, resetting my body and letting it heal, figure out what foods cause problems with my stomach, and gain more appreciation for whole foods!

Before paleo:
weight - 151.4
chest - 37"
waist - 32"
hips - 39"

During paleo/Pre Whole 30:
weight - 144
chest - 36"
waist - 29"
hips - 39" (my booty has grown a bit, haha, which is good!!)



And if you look at it, the BIGGEST change is that huge amount of bloat on my lower stomach in the middle picture.  You know what fixed that?  CUTTING OUT GRAINS. Yuuuuuup, sorry not sorry.  It sucks but it does SO much for your health.  I don't really miss grains (or dairy, for that matter) and I've been occasionally indulging in nigiri or sushi with Kev (although I can no longer do that on Whole 30!).



Welp, there it is. Today is Day 1 of my fabulous journey!


No comments:

Post a Comment