Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Day 3/Back to work!

Welp, today was my first day back at work after switching to Paleo!



....Doesn't sound that exciting?  Well that's probably because it wasn't.  I woke up, microwaved some mini frittatas and added a piece of fruit and then packed my lunch.   After waddling around the school all day, I finally got to sit down for my lunch (for a whopping 20 minutes)


Yummmmmmmm!  Am I right?  This is just leftover chicken salad (I can taste all the pain and frustration of making the mayo) and some cucumber and strawberries and kiwi.  It was great!  I had a coworker come over and tell me how good the fruit looked!  So I went ahead and said I had just started eating Paleo.

"Ohhh."


"I heard of people having to get their gallbladders removed from extreme diet changes"
"I heard someone DIED of that once"

Oh yeah?  Cause I've heard of MILLIONS OF PEOPLE DYING OF HEART DISEASE AND OTHER DIET-RELATED CAUSES, YOU CAN BACK UP RIGHT ABOUT NOW



Seriously though, this will probably be something that I rant about frequently.   **stepping on my pedestal, please exit if you have negativity**  People seem to get so defensive about people around them eating healthy.  It's something I've experienced frequently, and will never fully understand.  I get teased and picked on for my lifestyle and habits of eating, but I never make fun of people for the food they put in their body.  People think Paleo is an "extreme" diet when in all reality, I feel as though the average American diet is extreme.  Have you read the ingredients on your favorite "health" food?  If you can't recognize them, neither can your body.  Maybe not everyone needs to cut out dairy, gluten, and soy... but it definitely cannot hurt me.  And I'd much rather take my chances on eating plants and animal proteins and healthy fats.

TLDR; haters gon' hate.


BACK TO FOOD

So I got off work, went for a run, and did my yoga.  Enjoyed more of my homemade fruit and nut bars, and started on dinner.  What did we have?

SLABS OF MEAT SKEWERED ON SPEARS AND SLATHERED WITH THE BLOOD OF THEIR KIN



Jk it was steak and cherry barbecue sauce.  But doesn't that ^ sound so much more ~caveman~? They were a blast to eat as well

grrrr I am a carnivore
We also had Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes and some shredded brussels sprouts.  


Try and tell me those aren't really potatoes.  Go head, just try.  What's that?  I wasn't listening anyway, because this cauliflower is super sexy and I don't even care what you have to say about it.

And finally, on the note of detox effects, I am feeling much better today!  No nausea, no headaches, nothin'.  Maybe it's over! (knocks on wood until my knuckles bleed)  We'll see what tomorrow brings :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment