Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day whatever.. it's the weekend!

So last night was my first night eating out after switching to Paleo!  A couple of friends asked to go out, and very thoughtfully, asked where was the best place we could go that wouldn't screw with my diet.

HMMMMMMMM

I had actually been thinking about this for a while.  No soy, no gluten, no dairy?  Sashimi, maybe?  Meat kabobs?  My friends suggested Ghengis Grill and you know what?  Pretty good selection!  Next time (they were quite busy when we went) I'd like to talk to the manager about which sauces have soy and what oils they fry all my food in, but it was awesome.  I got to go through, pick all my protein (ALL THE PROTEIN), a ton of veggies, and they let me substitute my starch for cabbage.  SO GOOD.


This was also my post-workout meal so I gobbled the whole thing up.  I had never finished a bowl before!  It felt good though.

However, my stomach did flare up afterward.  This isn't new, and I wasn't surprised.  It seems as though every time I go out to eat I still get sick!  *Sigh*  maybe one day I'll find restaurants that are as passionate about clean food as I am


ALRIGHT: Saturday - grocery haul day


There's all of our unprocessed, whole foods!
And here's the processed stuff we had to buy:

.....lol.  I know that might not seem like a lot of food, but we still have lots of chicken leftover from last week in the freezer, along with some extra veggies we accidentally bought, haha.  We're turning these ingredients into:

Breakfast Meatloaf
My lunches I can take to work
Chicken with pear onions and artichoke
Farmer's Pie
and Slow Cooker Chicken and gravy

of course with piles of veggies on the side :)

I'm also going to be making my paleo protein bars again, which leads me to my next point!  I think a lot of people neglect the bulk food isle.  Y'know, the place where you can get the exact amount of pricey things like nuts and seeds?  I don't need a 5lb bag of pecans, so I'm not going to pay for it.  I don't need 8 cups of raisins, so I'm not going to pay for it.  I'm going to pay for the 1/3c that I do need and I'm only going to pay a few cents.  I LOVE THIS SECTION.


(disclaimer: buying in MEGA bulk [i.e. Sam's] is probably best, economically speaking.  but I don't want the food to go to waste, haha)

That's it for food, but I started my garden today! ....It's okay not to be excited, it's just a box of dirt.


But I got to learn how to use a drill!


Sadly, I never had before.  But Kevin helped out!  I like that we still learn something new from each other constantly.  We're similar enough to enjoy hobbies together, but dissimilar enough that those hobbies are different and we get to experience something we normally wouldn't have.  It's one of my favorite things about us!



Alright, alright.  Enough of that.  That sums up my day!  I'll be meal prepping all day tomorrow and am trying to soak up the last of my free time.  Thankfully, it was a beautiful day today.


Nothing more paleo than squatting and playing in the dirt.  Getting back to your roots can be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment