Saturday, February 15, 2014

Prep Prep Preppity Prep Prep

Today was my Paleo prep day (not to be confused with meal prep day... which is actually Sunday!)

I've been planning and preparing for a little over a week now.  I started by reading the entire Nom Nom Paleo cookbook.  I went back and bookmarked my favorite recipes.  Then I went through all of my clean eating cookbooks and bookmarked all of the Paleo-friendly recipes.  I printed out the ones available online, and typed up the ones that were only in the cookbook, so that I could have easy access to them.  Then I organized them, put 'em in a binder, and labeled everything.  After all that was said and done, I meal planned my entire week, breakfast to dinner, and made a complete grocery list.


I am exhausted!  I was runnin' around town today, baby showers, baby birthdays, baby everything (everywhere except my house.. hallelujah!).  When I got home, I was tired and grumpy but needed to start this by tomorrow.  So by the good graces of Kevin, we waddled to the grocery store.  It was a pain in the butt (and my feet) but check out this sick haul!


It was a little expensive, but it was also a starter trip.  I had to grab some stuff that I won't need again for a while!  But for this week, we are going to be transforming these beautiful veggies and protein into:

Breakfast - Prosciutto-wrapped mini frittatas
Lunch - Chicken salad, Greek salad
Dinner - Asian chicken thighs with hot & sour slaw and broccoli, Beef skewers with mashed cauliflower and brussels sprouts, and baked chicken with onions & leeks and green bean salad and asparagus


I'll update more once I start cooking all of this, but I'm pretty optimistic.  I pigged out today at all the parties today and said good bye to my last cupcake (for a while, at least)


(P.S. it still made me sick.  Asshole cupcake)

1 comment:

  1. I wish I liked more vegetables. I like a handful but if I enjoyed more, eating healthy would be easier. I wish I had the guts to go all out like you. Can't wait to see your progress and stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete