Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Day 17: Holy new favorite recipe!

Man, oh man, I wasn't planning on writing about anything today because nothing of particular interest happened, but this recipe was AMAZING.  Seriously, it was so simple and yet soooooooo good for reasons I don't quite understand.


If you decide to make ANY recipe I talk about on here, let it be this one.  It was cheap, easy, and used one pan (not including any side veggies).



"Chrissy, I make those all the time.  I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to cheap ass Asian entrees." 

NO.  NO, YOU HAVE NEVER MADE THESE.  THESE WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.  This recipe came from Nom Nom Paleo, one of the most helpful resources I've found during this transition.

What you'll need: 
  • 16oz mushrooms (I bought the pre-sliced this one time for extra convenience)
  • 3 green onions, whites and greens separated 
  • 1lb ground beef (I bought grassfed, but you could buy whatever fat content with which you're most comfortable)
  • 1-2 tablespoons of fish sauce
  • 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
  • 1-2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce**, for you non-paleo :P)
  • 1 bag of broccoli slaw
  • Whatever your preferred lettuce for wraps is
Heat up your oil of choice (I use coconut oil) and fry up those mushrooms with the whites of the green onions.  When you think they're ready for company, toss in the beef.  Poke it and stuff and break it apart.  It's okay, it will overcome this trauma of being separated and turn into something delicious. 

Once it has stopped crying blood and being a pink blob, add in the fish sauce, apple cider vinegar, and soy sauce**.   If you don't have these - DON'T SUBSTITUTE.  Seriously, they're what made this dish so freakishly amazing. 

Then add in the bag of stringy veggie goodness and keep poking around until they have softened up like the murdered vegetables they are.  Throw it in a fabulous lettuce bowl..

TA DA! 


We had ours with roasted broccoli and braised cabbage.  It was....

(I freaking love Archer)

Can you believe there was ever a time I hated mushrooms?  What a fool I was.  

No comments:

Post a Comment