Monday, March 24, 2014

Day WhoKnows/Let me tell you 'bout my best frienddd


Alright, this entire post is dedicated to the absolutely most amazing care taker I could have ever asked for: Kevin.  So if you don't want to deal with all the mushy mushy, scroll to the bottom where I link a recipe.

If you read my latest blog post, you'll know that I'm recovering from a Transanal Hemorrhoidal Dearterialization from last Friday.  It was a minor surgery but has left me in a lot of pain.  Today was the first day I could freely walk around.  So all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of today... I was completely helpless. 

The recovery process has been extremely difficult.  My anti inflammatory medication is to be taken every 8 hours.  However, I start feeling intense pain after only 6 hours.  This leaves me three times a day writhing in bed crying hysterically from pain.  Yes, it's that bad. 

That's where Kevin comes in.  He had to do everything for me this weekend.  He had to bring me medication, water, food, run my baths, keep constant surveillance on me, go grocery shopping, cook for me, etc.  And unfortunately, one of the 3 times a day I'm in pain has frequently been at 5 a.m.

Not once did he complain.  Not once did he get annoyed.  Not once did he show any sign that he was tired or frustrated.  He'd wake up at 5 a.m. with me to run my bath because I was in too much pain to move.  He called my mom while I was on the bathroom floor fighting the urge to faint.  He grabbed my blankets from upstairs when I forgot to bring them downstairs (several times).  He rubbed my back as I cried and cried and cried from pain.  He had to spend his entire weekend with me and never got a break.  And not once did he make me feel like I was being a burden.

He cooked, he cleaned, he did all the laundry.  I could not have asked for a better person to help me through this recovery.  I'm constantly thinking of ways to show my gratitude, but it's going to be a while until I can fully express how happy and grateful I am.  He's just the best thing that's ever happened to me!


OKAY SO: TONIGHT'S DINNER 

While I did supervise, Kevin was in charge of dinner!  We made a super simple crock pot recipe for Balsamic Pork Roast.  This was super easy, just chuck it in the crock pot and leave it.   No pre-grilling, no chopping veggies, the perfect week night dinner. 

So when Kevin got off work (and made sure I had all my medications and such) he started on the sides.  More mashed "fauxtatoes" and some roasted broccoli!  Max and I were watching in awe 


I mean, we were seeing a Kevin out of its natural habitat! 


Despite his.... lack of cooking experience, dinner turned out great :)



And now we have leftovers for tomorrow night as well!  Hopefully I'll be back on my feet by Wednesday.  If not, I have the best help I could have ever wished for! 

No comments:

Post a Comment